Keeping People Safe on Site
COVID-19 continues to have a major impact on all our daily lives and we’d like to tell you what that means for our Shell service stations in Mauritius and what we’re doing to keep our customers and site teams safe.
At this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we are keeping our Shell service stations in Mauritius open for business as per opening hours communicated by the government, providing our customers with essential fuel and supplies.
But, most importantly, we want to let you know that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and site staff is of the utmost importance to us. We are working closely with our retailers to follow government guidelines in order to maintain our services safe.
As advice from the Government changes, we will continue to adapt accordingly to protect our retailers, site staff and our customers. In the meantime, let's help each other get through these uncertain times as best we can. Thank you for your help and understanding, and please stay safe.
So, what can you expect at our service stations?
- Our retailers are cleaning sites more intensively and regularly, particularly areas of high public contact such as counters, fuel pumps and payment keypads.
- In Mauritius wearing a face mask when visiting malls and supermarkets, unless you are exempt, is now mandatory, and this includes customers visiting Shell service stations & Shell shops. Please help us follow this requirement and protect people on site by wearing a mask unless you have an exemption.
- We also recommend following government guidance and washing hands more often than usual, for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water. The toilets at our sites are open for staff and customers’ use.
- Please follow government guidelines and also make sure you always stay at least 1.5m away from other customers while visiting our sites. Signs encouraging social distancing and providing other hygiene guidance have been rolled out at many of our sites to help with this.
- When you pay, we recommend using card, Shell Card or contactless payments in the store, rather than cash.
- On site consumption of food & drink has been limited until further notice, you can still enjoy the take-away services.
Shell Service Stations
We put the service back into service-station, ensuring you always leave us a little happier than when you arrived.
From the pump to the till we’re always striving to improve everything we do. Tell us how.
Motoring tips and advice
Take better care of your vehicle by learning how to become more fuel efficient and safer on the road.